Please bookmark this manual for further reference!
Thank you for selecting the GMC dehumidifier. Please be sure to read this instruction guide thoroughly before operating your unit.
Please contact the GMC team for troubleshooting advice, or to arrange inspection or replacement.
Your GMC Dehumidifier will remove excess moisture from the air, creating a comfortable living and working environment for your home or office. Its compact design and rolling casters allow you to easily move it to any room.
Please read the operating instructions carefully before operating your dehumidifier for the first time.
- Install the unit on a flat, solid floor to diminish vibration and noise.
- Never immerse the unit in water or other liquids.
- Never operate the unit if the power cable is damaged, please call GMC customer service for help.
- Disconnect the unit from the power supply when it is not in use, and before moving or cleaning it.
- Operate the unit only at the specified voltage.
- The unit is for indoor use only.
- Do not rest heavy objects on top of the dehumidifier.
- Do not tip the unit to the side as spilled water from the tank could damage the electronic components.
- Never insert any foreign objects into the unit.
- Do not leave the dehumidifier close to heat-generating devices or near flammable or dangerous materials.
- This appliance is not intended for use by children.
- If the power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by a GMC service agent.
- The appliance should be installed in accordance with national wiring regulations.
- The ambient temperature range for the appliance is 5°-35°
Do not attempt to repair, dismantle or remold the dehumidifier housing. Always use a GMC recommended service agent for any repairs on the unit.
Install the unit on a flat, solid surface in a well-ventilated room.
Leave at least 20cm space around the unit (when the drainage hose is not connected).
- Push the rubber adaptor of the drainage hose on to the drainage port of rear panel.
- Connect the drainage hose to a basin, outdoor drainage area or a container, such as a bucket.
- Do not block the drainage port or drainage hose.
- Do not fold the drainage hose, or elevate it 1.5m higher than the bottom of the unit.
- Do not replace the drainage pipe adaptor, If it’s damaged or lost, please call your GMC
service agent for replacement.
|Dehumidify Capacity||26L/day (30℃,80%)|
|Rated Power||320W (30℃,80%)|
|Rated Current||1.5A (30℃,80%)|
|Water Tank Capacity||4L|
|Sound Pressure Level||≤45dB(A)|
|Product Dimension||335 x 238 x 582mm|
|Packing Dimension||406 x 330 x 636mm|
|Suction Side Pressure||0.5MPa|
|Discharge Side Pressure||1.5MPa|
|Water hose continuous drainage||Yes|
1. Water full indicator
When the water tank is full, the indicator lights up red and the unit will buzz 15 times before stopping. Empty the water tank and refit it correctly.
2. Low fan speed indicator
When running the dehumidifier on low fan speed, the low-speed indicator lights green
3. High fan speed indicator
When running the unit on the high-speed setting, the high-speed indicator lights green
- When the power is on, it displays indoor humidity
- When user sets humidity, it displays the selected humidity
- When setting the timer to on or off, it displays the hours
Press this button to turn the unit on or off. Do not unplug the power cord directly without shutting down the unit first.
When plugging in the unit for the first time, you will hear a buzz. Press the power button after the sound has stopped.
This will turn on the unit and launch the factory settings of 50% relative humidity with low fan speed activated.
When power is on, whether the unit is running or not, the power indicator above the button lights up green.
2. Timer button
Press the button to set the timer on and off, if you would like to cancel a timer setting, press & hold the button
until the display reads “00”.
When the timer is active, the indicator light above the button lights up green.
3. Automatic Dehumidification button
Press this button to program the unit into automatic dehumidification mode, the humidity can be
adjusted manually, and the fan speed will be adjusted automatically.
Press this button to select high or low fan speed.
When running on low fan speed, the low fan speed indicator above lights up green.
When running on high fan speed, the high fan speed indicator lights up green.
5. Continuous dehumidification setting
Pressing this button, starts the continuous dehumidification mode.
The user cannot adjust humidity settings.
6. Ionizer setting button
Pressing this button will start the air-ionizer
The Water full indicator light will show red when the water tank is full, a warning will be given when the 4Litre capacity
has been reached.
Remove the water tank and empty the water.
Return the water tank back to the dehumidifier
How to empty the water tank
1. Pull it out from the housing by pulling the tank from both sides as shown below.
2. Empty the water tank
- Do not remove the float from the water tank; the unit will not sense when the tank is full and water will overflow from the unit.
- Drain the water collection tank completely.
- If the water tank is dirty, clean it with cool water or warm water and a soft cloth. Do not use chemicals or solvents to clean the tank.
- Make sure the water tank is firmly re-attached to the unit before beginning operation.
- Never block or obstruct the water outlet or the drainage pipe
- Make sure the drainage pipe outlet is no more than 1.5 metres above level of the water tank.
- Close the outlet if there is no need for continuous drainage.
NOTE: TURN OFF THE UNIT AND UNPLUG IT BEFORE ANY
MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK.
- Unplug the unit before cleaning.
- Clean the housing with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use chemical solvents
- The unit is equipped with a washable air filter. Remove it for easy cleaning and remember to secure it back in place before operation.
- Clean the filter every 2 weeks. If the filter is blocked with dust, dehumidifying efficiency will be reduced.
- Wash the air filter by immersing it gently into warm (about 40°) water with a neutral
detergent, rinse it and dry it in a shaded place.
- Remove the filter
2. Clean the filter
3. Assemble the filter
Insert the filter back into the grid carefully after washing.
Storing your Dehumidifier
Remove the washable air filter, clean it and re-fit it to the dehumidifier.
Unplug the unit and fold up the power cord.
Store the dehumidifier in a cool, dry location, away from direct sunlight, extreme
temperature and excessive dust.
BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE
Before contacting the GMC service centre, review this list for advice on common problems with your GMC Dehumidifier.
|The unit doesn’t operate||No power supply||Connect to a functioning outlet|
and switch on
|Water Full Indicator Flashing||Drain water tank and reset|
your settings, or replace the
water tank poperly
|Room temperature under 5|
degrees or above 35 degrees
|Self-Protection mode is designed to|
protect the unit.
|Timer function is active.||Deactivate Timer function.|
function doesn’t work
or the unit turn on / off
|Is the air filter clogged?||Clean the air filter as per|
|Is a door/window|
|Close the door / window|
|Is the unit close any heat|
|Remove the unit to a cool|
|Is the intake duct or|
discharge duct obstructed?
|Remove the obstruction from|
the discharge duct or intake
|Operation is noisy||Is the unit tilted or unsteady?||Place on an even, solid surface|
|Is the air filter clogged?||Clean the air filter as per|
In cold conditions of 5℃ ≤ temperature ≤ 12℃, the dehumidifier will defrost automatically for 30 minutes
Note: If the water full indication is constantly on, there may be a malfunction with the unit.
Contact GMC Aircon service centre for help.
Caution: Switch off the unit and unplug it immediately if anything abnormal
happens. Then contact the GMC service centre.
Do not dispose of electrical appliances as unsorted municipal waste, use separate
Contact your local government for information regarding the collection systems